Delivering a renewable future – a vision for hope in the North West’
Arising from COP26, the NW Leaders asked for a youth network to be established to provide their views on the way to deliver net zero. In this session, the North West Net Zero Youth Network will feed back their expectations for Transport, Energy, Green Jobs and Green Spaces and renewable energy to NW Leaders, including the metro Mayors.
As part of the response, Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham and Liverpool City Region Mayor, Steve Rotherham asked for a Green Energy task force to create a vision for renewable energy, to be inherited by our youth, to ascertain the potential to power the devolved regions by local natural resources available. The task force was made up of Green Britain Foundation, Co-operatives UK and Climate Outreach who looked at an ambitious vision for a renewable future. Listen live to the responses delivered to the NW Leaders and the North West Net Zero Youth Network and have your say on whether it’s a plan that should be pursued!
- Moderator: John Robb
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region
- Cllr Matt Bryan Cabinet Member for Climate Emergency, Energy and Green Spaces, Cheshire West and Chester Council
- NW Net Zero Youth Network (Speakers TBC)
- Dale Vince OBE, Founder, Ecotricity, Chairman, Forest Green Rovers
- Rose Marley, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Operatives UK
- Dr Amiera Sawas, Director of Programmes and Research, Climate Outreach
- 9.30 Welcome and Introduction, Andy Burnham
- 9.40 An overview of the report from North West Youth Network
- 09.55 Mayors and Cllr Matt Bryan respond and invite Youth NW Network to take up their panel seats and hear proposals for renewables and green energy.
- 10.05 Taskforce response to the challenge, Dale Vince
- 10.15 Rose Marley, Co-operatives UK
- 10.20 Dr Ameira Sawas, Climate Outreach
- 10.25 Response and discussion from Mayors and Cllr Matt Bryan
- 10.35 Audience Q&A
- 10.45 Audience Vote